- Itter, M.S., D'Orangeville, L., Dawson, A., Kneeshaw, D., Duchesne, L., Finley, A.O. (In press) Boreal tree growth exhibits decadal-scale ecological memory to drought and insect defoliation, but no negative response to their interaction. Journal of Ecology, (Link)
- Rastogi, B., Berkelhammer, M., Wharton, S., Whelan, M., Itter, M.S., Leen, J.B., Gupta, M.X., Noone, D., Still, C.J. (In Press) Large uptake of atmospheric OCS observed at a moist old growth forest: Controls and implications for carbon cycle applications. JGR Biogeosciences, (Link)
- Itter, M.S. (2018) The development and application of spatio-temporal methods to understand and predict broad-scale patterns of forest change. Doctoral dissertation. Department of Forestry, Michigan State University.
- Itter, M.S., Finley, A.O., D’Amato, A.W., Foster, J.R., Bradford, J.B. (2017) Variable effects of climate on forest growth in relation to climate extremes, disturbance, and forest stand dynamics. Ecological Applications, 27, 1082-1095 (Link)
- Itter, M.S., Finley, A.O., Hooten, M.B., Higuera, P., Marlon, J., Kelly, R., McLachlan, J. (2017) A model-based approach to wildland fire reconstruction using sediment charcoal records. Environmetrics, DOI: 10.1002/env.2450 (Link)
- Itter, M.S., Vanhatalo, J., Finley, A.O. (In prep) EcoMem: Methods to quantify ecological memory.
- Itter, M.S., Finley, A.O., D'Amato, A.W., Foster, J.R., Bradford, J.B., Palik, B. (In Prep) Assimilation of forest census and tree-ring data to model growth and yield in relation to climate.
- Electric Power Research Institute (2009) Potential Impact of Climate Change on Natural Resources in the Tennessee Valley Authority Region. Chapter 5. Potential Effects of Climate Change on Forest Resources. Final Report, November 2009. Palo Alto, California.
- Itter, M.S. (2006) Altering finite Markov chains to more accurately model forest succession. Honors Thesis. Department of Biology, Colby College.